Friday, January 23, 2009

What is normal?

Hello All!
Well, life is starting to seem somewhat normal. Brent is feeling very positive about his new job, and is feeling that this is somewhere he can see himself settling in and growing. He’s very excited about all the benefits that this job offers, and so far his only regret is that he didn’t do it sooner. That’s a very positive sign. I’m very excited for him.

Brent is working long days. It’s an interesting schedule where he works 11.5 days M-Th and then an 8 hour day on Friday for 7 weeks, then off for 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how it all goes. He is working his first full week next week as he had Monday off for Martin Luther King day.

I keep talking about making our home “homey” and he keeps telling me that the plastic tote holding our TV is fine. I DON’T THINK SO. We’ll see who wins this one. Oy. Boys. Whether or not we’ll be here permanently is not the issue, it’s my home for the present and that’s what I’m going to focus on. Brent is a very all or nothing person, so it doesn’t really surprise me.

It’s definitely grown colder here. The temp today was about 5 degrees. And it was windy. However, on Ft. Greely the winds were upwards of 55 mph. Seeing that it’s just over 10 miles away makes it hard to believe that they could be about 30 mph stronger than they were here. However, as you leave Delta Junction to head towards our home you cross “the ridge”. Apparently wind patterns, weather patterns can differ drastically on one side of the ridge than the other. I thought that was an interesting tidbit.

Ches and I are trying to be a little more brave in our excursions. Each day we go just a teeny bit further one way or the other. I’m deathly afraid of coming upon some sort of animal, and I’m not sure how justified that is. I’m assuming that during the winter I’m fairly safe since bears are hibernating, but I’m still leery. We’ll see what the weather is like this weekend and if all of us can get out and get a feel for how safe I am wandering away from home.
Stay Warm!

No comments: