Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mooooooooose!

Laundry day is especially boring for Chessa. She finds no joy in being stuck inside, and really doesn't like the camera. She absolutely refuses to look at me when I have that thing out. As you can see she's persecuted, as seconds before I took away her pillow and blanket. Oh, poor baby. Pfft. Don't buy it. She's spoiled rotten and I suspect she knows it. But she does trudge back and forth with me to the laundry room. She sniffs everything and then we come back where she continues to sigh deeply at the boredom and persecution. Oh, what a tough life!

We decided to take advantage of the all the extra light now since Daylight Savings and go for a drive to check out the snow, the wildlife and the sunsets. These two were digging away in the yard of a farm outside of town. As you can tell the bigger one was very interested in us initially and then went back to her grazing. The little one could have cared less and just kept scraping and munching away.

The sunset over the mountains was just too breathtaking today. I have about 5-6 great pics but limited myself to two. I couldn't choose so we decided to put them both up here. These were taken out near Ft. Greely, as the sunset just drew us further and further out.


If you look closely you can see the chainlink fence in the foreground. These two, Mama and Baby, were grazing out on Ft. Greely. I wish my video would cooperate as we caught the little one romping around a bit, and Mama was vigilantly pawing and scraping. It was so much fun to watch them until we decided we'd best move on.
My bloggy friend Chantelle at Life In a Nutshell sent me the cutest card today. What a sweet surprise. (Mom, I know how much you LOVE her name! lol) Chantelle and her family packed up and moved to Florida from West Virginia. They have had some bumps along the way, but I think they're enjoying their new life having fun in the sun. Stop by and check her out.
Chantelle also posted a challenge to her bloggy friends. How long would it take us, to get to her in Florida. Well, she chose me at the farthest distance, I am assuming, and Mapquest told her by car it would take her 76 hours to drive from her house to mine. Hmmm. I think I'll fly. So, here's a little challenge for you. How many hours will it take you to drive to me in zipcode 99737? Tell me!! And then come and visit!! lol.
Also, a nice surprise today we received a package from Brent's parents, Darryl & Audrae. They sent us a Meditations book. YAY!! What a nice little gift to receive. So, we have been busy reading and catching up. I love getting mail!!
Well, that's a close to another day. Hoping that all of you in Minnesota are managing to stay warm and safe with all the snow and nastiness you've been getting. Chantelle, I hope you are having fun in your 80 degree days, and all I have to say is you just might be getting a visitor one day. I've never been to Florida!
Have a happy, happy day!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Well, I think I'm about 4500 miles from you? I forget the exact amount--I've checked it to Fairbanks and Anchorage and I know we're just over 2000 to my parents in Oly Wash. and your twice as far.

And we WILL be visiting AK, but not quite that far up... We're doing a short cruise to Ketchikan and back to Seattle. (Hubby didn't want to take too much time off work due to being out for a month for medical reasons in Dec/Jan.) I'm excited--even if it's for a few days, we'll get to see mountains, trees, cooler weather just in time for our summer to really be getting really warm. lol

Anonymous said...

I was wrong...it's only 3750 (give or take a few) from here to your zip code. That's not as bad as I thought. :P

Chantelle said...

Wow! That card didn't take nearly as long to get to you as I thought it would :) You have THE most beautiful pictures, and have also inspired me in my own hunt here- only it's not for moose, it's for alligator ;)
Come and visit me anytime, seriously! I've never been to Alaska either so we can make a trade :)