Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

Well, spring has definitely sprung. There is mud and water everywhere. We still have a good amount of snow, but if the temperatures continue to hover around 50 degrees we should be snow free in no time.

The loss of snow is also starting to become evident on the mountains as well. Every day there is more and more dark spaces on the mountains. This evening as we were driving we came upon many flocks of Lesser Canada geese scouring the fields and puddles for food. Unfortunately, we didn’t have the camera along, so you’ll have to imagine it.

This morning Brent let me sleep in. Well, he tried to let me sleep in. Yesterday’s migraine kicked my behind, so he was being the kind man that he is, and he didn’t wake me. Well, it was a nice thought, but at 5:30 a.m. I was wide awake. I laid down after Brent left and blink, blink, blink, no sleep in sight. So, I got up, made my list (thanks Mom- lol) and I was off to the races.

My first task was to iron all of the curtains that have been waiting for me. Have you tried ironing without an ironing board? Me neither. But being the creative person I am, I set up two tray tables side-by-side, covered them with a nice fluffy towel, and set off to make all things in my presence pretty.

After the 4 chocolate brown panels for the living room were done I moved onto the steel grey panels for the bedroom. Ooh la la. They are really nice, and thick. I definitely should have had them earlier this winter. But, now I’ll have them for next year. Think positively. Anyway, the panels are all the perfect weight in the perfect places. The kitchen/living room panels just dull the light enough so that we’re able to see without lights on, until about 9:30 p.m. And the bedroom curtains are thicker to make it nice and dark for sleeping.

The nights are still chilly. And our water continues to freeze nightly. Why? Well folks, that’s a mystery to us all.

After finishing up all the ironing I put new sheets and a new comforter on the bed. Ooh. Lovely. However, I still need to find a bedskirt and some finishing touches before I put pictures up for you all to see. I know, I know…I promise I will. Soon.

When Brent got home from work we took a little nap (since we’d both gotten up so early) and then headed into town to check out the Delta Dog House. What is the Dog House? I’m so happy you asked. Our neighbors bought a wiener wagon, and are serving food downtown Delta, opening day was today. So we trucked into town to support the neighborhood, and sample their wares. It was a nice treat, and much better than the meal we had out this past weekend.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier this week that my cousin Pam sent me a You Tube link for the Dead Puppies song. It’s slightly different than the version we used to sing, but it was very, very close. Thanks a bunch!

Have a happy day!

No comments: