Friday, May 22, 2009

Things That Go BUMP In The Night

Last night was an interesting night. Ches usually sleeps harder than I do, but for some reason last night did not lend either of us much peace and comfort. She was plopped on her pillow in the living room, because that's where she chooses to sleep. I went to bed early, at 11:30 p.m., only to be jolted awake by her bark. This is highly unusual. I got up, checked out the windows, shushed her and made my place on the couch until she settled down. Soon I was jolted awake again. This continued for most of the night, and I ended up with about 1 hour of sleep. I have no idea what was out there, or what she thought was out there. At about 1 a.m. we both wandered outside to see what we could see, and nothing. Who knows?

It's been a pretty good week here so far. Brent (as you can see above) has been sneaking in a lot of fishing, but only having minimal luck. Last night he went out with a friend from work, and they caught just enough for a one man supper. So he sent them home with Joe.

Wednesday night I went out with him to his new favorite fishing hole, that you can see above. The view is pretty magnificent and I did a lot of hiking. I ventured up hills and down hills, took in the sights and sounds. Unfortunately we didn't see much wildlife, except for the hares. Hares are EVERYWHERE. Brent keeps promising (er, threatening) to bring one home for rabbit stew. We'll see. I make no promises. And yes, I'm sure it will be hugely mind over matter. But they're so darn cute! lol.

A hare in summer colors- see...they're cute.

Chessa and I wasted some time playing in the water. Ches LOVES the water, and loves to fish. She literally looks into the water, waiting for fish, like the ones that were in our pond last summer. She spent hours and hours out there, and I kind of miss it, for her. I won't miss that nasty skin infection that resulted in her hours in the water though. But we had a little fun and then I ran her on ground to dry her off before heading home. She kept searching for Brent, when she found him she would sit on his foot waiting for him to bring up a fish for her to lick, smell and in one instance, bite. I think we all had a great day!


These are some of the wildflowers that are everywhere up here right now. So I snapped some pics and thought Mom would get a thrill out of seeing them.

Today I'm busy cooking and cleaning, getting ready for the weekend ahead. I think we are doing a picnic by the lake tonight, a little fishing and a little playing with Ches and Willie. I am baking a lemon yogurt cake with fresh blueberry sauce. Marinating chicken as we speak, and I am also making a crunchy Asian noodle salad. Sounds like a good way to start the weekend. We'll throw in some beer, and perhaps a bottle of wine. Awww. Pure relaxation. Hopefully we'll catch some rainbows to throw on the grill too, but if not, chicken will suffice.
Have a happy, happy weekend!






3 comments:

Susan Stevenson said...

Wildflowers!!! YAY!!! Where have you been seeing them? I'm coming down there tomorrow (hopefully) and I'd love to see some wildflowers!

Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Karla said...

Hey Susan! These were photographed on the back side of Donnelly Dome. They are all over back there near the lakes. Also, this is the same area where we have seen tons of wildlife! Enjoy!! :) Spring in Alaska is beautiful!

Chantelle said...

Is that THE Willie? The one that mistook your arm for rawhide? ;) I didn't think you'd be ready to see him so soon ;)