Thursday, October 8, 2009

Windy City

I think that the people of Chicago are wrong. Wrong! Delta has definitely been the windy city the past couple days. My electric meter is working over time due to the contiual spot light on all things King. What am I talking about? My motion light. It's now running about 12 hours a day. I think it's time to flip a switch. Oy.



We are losing light at rapid speed. It's hard to say when we actually reach dark. I would guess between 7:15-7:30 p.m. Though with the gray days the light seems to disappear even quicker. The mornings are harder to gauge because the towering trees that surround our house. While the sun comes up, it takes a little bit longer to make it over my trees, so I'm not actually seeing sun/gray days until about 8:30 a.m. I promise to pay better attention in the coming days and report some facts.



The temperatures have been nice. Nice enough for me to leave my coat at home, though I've regretted it a morning or two. We are having temps in the mid-40's, which to my understanding are lovely days, and abnormal? The rumor mill is churning and I've heard we're supposed to stay nice into next week, even reaching temps as high as 60. Phew! I will have to get out my sunscreen!!

Brent and Ches have been hunting the woods high and low for grouse. We have few in our freezer, and I'm sure they'll be nice and tasty when we cook them up. Brent's also been duck hunting. Much to Dad's surprise we do have ducks left here, and each morning I wake to a cacophony of shots vibrating off the shores of Clearwater Lake. It's a highly hunted area...I guess.

In his adventures through the woods he's noticing a lot of moose tracks. It's great to know that they're around, but I'm a little bummed that they haven't visited the yard more. It's also comforting to know that moose usually keep their distance when bear are present. Hopefully that means our bulkier friends have kept moving out of the buffet, er, my yard.

I'm antsy, working on new things, and scheming, er coming up with new things to occupy my time. I'd share, but I really don't want to jinx anything, so I'll fill you in if and when, those things become truth.

Hoping you are all well.

Prayers be with my Grandma Blanche as she heals from a back procedure she had done earlier this week. It sounds like everything went well and she is healing at home with her family.

Thoughts and prayers with Brent's family as they grieve the loss of Grandma Helen and lay her to rest beside Grandpa this weekend in South Dakota. We will be with you in thought and prayer.
Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Moose Nuggets said...

The wind is something else here! I have often thought of installing a wind generator.

Saw your previous post. Girl, if you wanted some irreverence at your Girls' Night, you should have called!
I was also impressed with your decorating! It looks beautiful, and I never would have guessed that you moves up here with 18 totes! It gives me hope that our own little dream will be nicely decorated soon!

Chantelle said...

I'm sorry for the recent losses in your family :(

Glad to hear that all things are still going well in the cold and windy state! I just love reading your stories and looking at pictures. I would love to come and visit you, but I'm so antsy for change right now that I'm worried if I get there, I may never want to come back home! :/

Karla said...

** Moose Nuggets- The wind is crazy here!! But it's worth it. Happy homemaking in your cabin in the woods!

**Chantelle- I can guarantee after one cold morning here you'll be happy to go back to Florida. ;) But I'd love a visit anytime!