Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

It's officially Black Friday, but more importantly it's Thanksgiving weekend.  We had a lovely, relaxing day yesterday, spending it in the home of friends.  New friends.  Today we're relaxing, taking up past times for which we haven't had time.  I'm blogging, and watching a movie.  Brent is currently napping, but spent the morning setting and checking traps.

I'm thankful for:

*  A warm home, comfortable but small, with only the things I need.

*  My furbabies, who frustrate me deeply, make me laugh, almost constantly, and can always lift my spirits.

*  Good jobs that afford us a comfortable life.  And life in a place that is perfect, for us.

*  Good health and happiness.  Things we all too often, take for granted.

*  Mostly I am thankful for family and friends that love us and support us so unconditionally.  That understand the things are are important to us, and are so excited to see that happen for us.  That lift us up, and understand when we are down.  Who may not always understand our decisions, but choose to support us, rather than try to divide us and tear us apart.  Who truly know who we are in our hearts, instead of assuming they know what we want and try to force their opinions upon us.   For this I am truly thankful.  It makes my heart happy, and helps demolish the hurt and disappointment from those who do not.

For this, I personally thank each and every one of you.  And you know who you are.

On another note, my dad called last week.  He asked a simple question, but one that touched me so very deeply.  He asked if they should be Christmas shopping for anyone else in our family this year.  While sadly the answer is no, it meant so much to know that they are excited for us too.  Thank you, Mom and Dad!

On that note, we have chosen to keep the rest of our journey to parenthood private.  We'll let you know when we have good news to share.  Thank you all for your kind words and support.

No comments: