Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DECEMBER!!!!!

We are officially down to 27 days. 27 days!! Holy Cat! So, it's been a while, let me think back and see what's happened since the last time I was here.

Well, I gave my notice at work. I wanted to give them enough time to prepare for missing me. Okay, so I'm just kidding, though a lot of them said they would! I will say that as much as the job itself frustrated me some days, I really am going to miss the people. I have been so fortunate to work with some of the nicest people I have ever met. It's nice to share everything with them instead of holding it all in.

This past weekend we were able to get a lot accomplished. The house is in a state of total disarray, but there is definite progress. We have packed up quite a bit of stuff, and sent more of it to storage. Now I'm working on getting anything that we're keeping out of here and into storage so we can sell, sell, sell. I did drop off all of the clothing we are parting with at Good Will, and let me say, the red kettle will be a lot fuller this year. We had a lot of stuff just sitting around, just in case. I feel lighter, literally.

We've been scheduling maintenance and other appointments. So we have some of those to finish up, but that should be all wrapped up by early next week. Except my gift certificate for a massage, I'm planning to use that on my week off before the move. Although I'm really feeling like I could use it now.

We have a potential lead on a rental. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in a tri-plex. THANKS DAD! The owner is going to call me when she has a date that the current tenant will be moving out. Hopefully everything will line up. It's a newer place, 6 miles out of Delta, though the owner couldn't tell me which direction, lol. And heat is included. Thank goodness. So, I'm hoping...and keeping my eyes open for others.

I still have some Christmas shopping to do, but I'm a little afraid that it will get lost in the chaos of this house, so I'm being a procrastinator there. I'll keep you posted as we go. Have a happy day!

No comments: