Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Long Day

It has been a long day. Not for me, necessarily, other than I've been alone all day. But Brent worked a 14.5 hour shift. The worst part? He can't call on the missile field so I had no idea if he was okay, and when I tried to call his phone there was no answer. I was getting really worried when he called to let me know that he'd be home in 45 minutes. That was about 35 minutes ago. Now that I know this is a possibility I probably won't be so worried next time. I hope. Anyway, I managed to have a pretty good day and Ches and I got a really good walk in today. Above is a picture of the road we walk. I zoomed in so you can see the mountains, but we walk down to the yellow sign and back. Anyway, it was a chilly but beautiful day.
These are the mountains to the East. There is actually a whole range but unless I zoom in you can't really see them and it make for uninteresting bumps. So, I zoomed. The forefront is land that has been cleared for hayfields. Very interesting.
If you look very closely you can see that these are Army choppers. They flew over the house and shook us top to bottom. Ches was napping and woke up barking at all the commotion. Very cool, and it added an interesting little tidbit to our day.

This is just a picture of the morning sky. I thought it was pretty. Ches was pottying and since most of you probably don't want to see a picture of that, I decided to snap the sky instead. Now, if we could just catch some of the wildlife that keeps leaving tracks around the house!
Have a happy day!



2 comments:

Chantelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantelle said...

You always put up the most beautiful pictures! They are breath taking, I can only imagine what it looks like in person :)

We have the lovely military things that fly over here too, WAY too low, and always at the worst part of the day. There's a naval base about 30 min from here, and I think they purposely fly the huge planes RIGHT over my roof top just to torture me. Oh the humanity! :)