Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Collaborative Update

This is a very rare occasion. Brent and I are updating the blog together. Generally I update after he goes to bed, because as I'm trying to type he's tickling my feet with a pen. He's always up to something "helpful".

Brent's day included 2 hours of Confidentiality Training. So, obviously we can't talk about that. He has pretty good days, and is getting to know the other people in his department. He's also completed computer security training, and drinks multiple cups of coffee per day. In his spare time he likes to do a little online shopping, and yes, people he KNOWS that I'm including that information.

Another "cool" part of his day was entry into a missile silo. He was there to do thermal imaging for a monthly inspection checking all electrical and electronic components of the missiles and the silos.

Also noted is that he sees two moose every day. They like to feed on the base. And he saw them yet again today. :)

Ches and I had a slightly less exciting day. We walked and played and then made a trip into town to the grocery store. I only went to pick up a "few" things and managed to spend entirely too much money. However, if you take into consideration that we spend zip, zilch, nada on eating out, then it's A-OK.

It's a balmy -19 degrees, and this morning we had a bit of sun. Most days are gray and cold, but I'm still in love with the scenery. Hoping you are all warm and happy!

No comments: