Friday, February 27, 2009

Surprises...Surprises...Surprises

Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple days. The last few days have been particularly, um, boring. So, I decided to save my blathering nonsense for a day when I actually had something semi-interesting, and some fabulous pictures to show. Yes, FABULOUS pictures. Though the above photo isn't breathtakingly beautiful, it is the view from our front door, or driveway if you will. The snow came down, but not in the big, fluffy flakes I would have preferred, but in the small icy particles that seemed to cover the trees like a sheer on a window. Everything was hazy and gray, but pretty, in my opinion.

Today Brent got off early because he worked late last night. So after he got home we decided to run some errands in town. Earlier in the week I had received a notice that a package had arrived. Some jeans I ordered from JCPenney for Brent, I assumed. Then today we got another notice stating that we had another package to pick up marked PERISHABLE. Perishable? I looked quite confused. So we ran the necessary errands and off to the post office. We picked up package #1 which was indeed the jeans that he had been waiting for, and package #2? Well, it was marked from...SCHMIDT'S. Schmidt's Meat Market in Nicollet, MN makes the best summer sausage I've ever tasted. Ever. It's the ultimate treat. Who from? Denise. My friend and (former) boss from MSBA. Wow. She rocks.

We have been here for one month, seventeen days. All the while I've been moaning and whining and complaining and grunting and groaning about one very elusive animal. Everyone I know has seen them, most of the time, up close and personal. And while I did catch a very quick glimpse of the big one down the road, I usually get the backside. I was beginning to get a complex, I mean really, what was the message I was missing? Kiss my rump? Here's the mooses behind? This is the best I get? Ha! So, my friends, you will be as surprised as I to see what we caught a glimpse of today...
A MOOSE!

OR TWO!

They were amazingly willing to be photographed. Of course, it did help that we caught them at snack time munching on the branches of the bushes. But even after I rolled down the window to get a clearer shot they just stood and watched us with equal curiosity, or so it seemed. All the while munching away on the buffet before them. Score! I am now a very happy girl.

And this is the glorious box of meat. LOL! Oh my. That sounds horrible. But really. It was a wonderful, and thoughtful, and greatly appreciated surprise. There are 3 varieties of summer sausage, 2 packages of jerky, 3 varieties of beef sticks, and 2 farmers sausages. Wow. What a treat! Brent and I snuck a little treat from the box before we transferred some of it to the freezer, but I'm sure we'll be sampling more of it...soon! Thank You so much Denise! Your thoughtfulness is truly and greatly appreciated!


And this is Chessa Luna sitting and waiting for her sampling from the box of meat! She sniffed and sniffed the box all the way home. After I had emptied the box I set it by the front door to go out and Ches just sat and licked the box. Poor thing. I did give her one of her own treats...or maybe two.
Also, I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kari (Brent's sister) in Wisconsin! We're hoping you have a wonderfully happy and special day!
Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

Yay for moose sightings! I saw three yesterday while out and about. And I had two in my yard. I love when they visit!