Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blow Baby Blow

Hoooweee. It was windy today. And that wind was cold. Brrrr. The actual temperature was nice in the 20's but that wind cuts right through you. I'm also assuming it's the wind that has left me feeling oh-so-chilly indoors as well. I generally wear a tee and sweats around the house. No socks. But I've been wrapping my tootsies up because it chilly. Apparently according to the long-timers that Brent works with this is one of the nicest winters they've experienced. I personally think they're full of bologna! Ha!

Ches and I took a couple of walks today. We wandered down the snowmachine path next to the road and Ches had the scent of something she liked and pulled me right over into the snow. Splat! Before I even knew what hit me. Unfortunately for me there was someone driving by, and I'm sure they got a very good chuckle out of it. I got up, brushed myself off, and huffed my way home. With Ches in tow. Oh, she knew she was in trouble.

When Brent got home from work tonight we ate dinner and headed out for a drive. We were barely down Tanana Loop Ext. and what did we see? A nice, big, fat moose. No camera, of course, but at least I got to see her. You almost don't recognize them because they are huge. Unbelievably huge. She was pretty in that awkward preteen with knobby knees way, and I can't wait to see more of her. From a distance. lol.

It was a nice night. The sky was cloud filled, but not covered. The sunset was beautiful with peaks of pink and orange. I guess you'll just have to come and visit in order to see it... lol.

Happy day!

4 comments:

And so it begins..... said...

We are on our way!!

Chantelle said...

Darn it, I think you are making it up. There are no moose in alaska ;)

It always cracks me up how similar your moving experience are to what ours was- I too had sleep issues, migraines, etc. Ours was opposite on one thing though, you came in during a good winter, we came in during the coldest winter here in FL in years! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the wind always makes it colder even inside--our house is COLD when it's windy and I KNOW it's not as cold here as where you (although inside it might be. lol)

Moose Nuggets said...

Karla- you'll have to make Brent take you around on base this weekend... the moose are out in droves!
I passed several, just taking my husband to work this morning.
AND... my neighbors just salted the parking lot and sidewalk, so I'm sure if Brent drives you toward the back of 1st and 3rd street (the very end of housing), you may come across a few!

That wind IS something else, ain't it?