Saturday, March 28, 2009

Change of Seasons?

The temperatures soared on Thursday to a balmy 40 degrees. We had melting everywhere, which only made the roads and parking lots extra slippery. Friday and today it was back in the mid-20's which is nothing to sneeze at, and we've been enjoying endless sunshine. Despite the warmer temperatures we have continued to have frozen well pump issues. I have no idea what is going on, but I am starting to think that maybe there's a conspiracy against me here. Do you suppose it's the squirrel? I mean, it has to be something, and seeing that I don't know many people, my only assumption is that the squirrel has it in for me! Really. lol.

Last night we laid low, renting a couple of movies, and I made homemade pizza. We stopped by Mary Lou's to help her with a vehicle issue, and another of Brent's coworkers brought over his 9 week old black lab puppy. Now there's a whole new definition to baby fever! However, I have kept my wits about me, and I do not need two dogs in our little house. We're happy with Ches, but I wouldn't mind babysitting every now and again!

Today we headed to Fairbanks. We took Mary Lou with us, which was great. She needed some things and just doesn't like to make the drive herself. Unfortunately I just didn't get much of my own shopping done, but that's fine. I can order some things, or wait until the next trip. I'm sure we'll go soon. As a thank you she took us out for lunch, and it was nice to relax and just talk. She's led a very interesting life.

I'm still waiting to hear on the job applied for. At this point I figure no news is good news, so I wait. Tomorrow I think the plan is just to lay low and relax all day long. We haven't done that in a while, so I think I'll put on a roast and just veg. We'll likely head to the woods, or out for a drive and a walk. If we find anything exciting to snap pictures of, we'll do that along the way too.

I also want to send my thoughts, prayers, and love to my family in Minnesota. My great uncle passed away on Thursday evening. He will be missed by all that knew him, as he was certainly a one-of-a-kind man. We both have so many fond memories of our time spent with Uncle Zefere. We wish we could be there to remember him with you.

Have a happy day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's official now... Hubby's resume got sent up to AK today. We'll see what happens. The company he sent it to has branches in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau with the most openings in Anchorage (their main office) Now I REALLY need to get it in gear--I'm still trying to figure out the easiest/cheapest way to get 6 peope up there. It'll partly depend on where he actually ends up too with Juneau being more isolated.

Karla said...

Congrats Tracy! Hopefully it will all work out as it's supposed to! Keep us posted. ;o)

Susan Stevenson said...

Sorry to hear about your Great Uncle.

We're doing a scenic roadtrip tomorrow. Maybe we'll be down in your area... thinking of driving to Paxson and back.

Karla said...

Hello Susan! We drove South towards Paxson today and the drive was gorgeous. The side of the roads are dirty, but the mountains are breathtaking. With the haze it lent an ethereal quality to the mountains.

We need to do coffee/lunch/something soon! Enjoy your day trip!