Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Warming Up

Hello Friends,

I want to start by saying that I'm keeping friends and family in the Red River Valley of North Dakota and Minnesota in my thoughts and prayers. I know that everyone is busy sandbagging, moving up and out, and I only hope that you all remain safe. Grandma and Grandpa I hope that you are managing to stay dry, and that the water stops rising in your basement. And I pray that the church remains unharmed. I have seen the photos, and wish I could be there to help you sand bag.

It is warming up here ever so slightly. That doesn't mean however that I'm even remotely hopeful that spring is on it's way yet. But I'm surprisingly fine with the snow and cold that seems to be deeply rooted here. I have heard rumors that there was actual melting on the road ways between Delta and Fairbanks today. But I wasn't out there. I can tell that the snow on the roof is slowly melting, bit by bit, and my bird friends, and Buddie, are increasingly active.

I was up late last night just contemplating life. I shut off the tv and could see a glow through the window. I didn't think much of it, thought perhaps someones headlights were shining from the neighbors across the field. So I got up, just out of curiosity. Man, I was so happy I did. The Northern Lights were fantastic. They lit up the entire sky. It's really surreal to watch. Sometimes it feels as though your eyes are playing tricks on you. But it is really fun, and eerie, to watch.

Other than that, we've had a frozen well pump the last two afternoons. Yes, afternoons. It's frustrating, and losing its novelty very, very quickly. However, when K comes to thaw it out she brings T to keep me entertained. He's 6. Today he decided that he should work out with my hand weights and exercise ball. He is entertaining to say the least. And Ches likes having an active and willing playmate.

I've been reading again. I took a little break. But I visited the library this past weekend and stocked up again. The job that I applied for closed on Monday. I have yet to receive a call or a kiss off letter. I'm on the fence about it. I am qualified, but who knows who else has applied. So, if I do, I do. If not, I guess I'll apply next time.

Until then. Have a lovely day!

No comments: