Friday, March 6, 2009

White, White, White

We awoke this morning to snow, snow and more snow. When the sun came up it was full and bright until it wasn't. The snow started again, and boy did it come down. I ran into Delta Jct this afternoon to do the weekly run to the post office, the grocery store, and the video store. By the time I got home it was near white out conditions, and a deep, deep reminder that it is most definitely still winter. Despite the fact that we "Spring Ahead" this weekend, it isn't happening here. Spring is not happening here. Not anytime soon in my estimation.

After hitting the video store I headed home to make some yummy french bread pizzas and pop in the first of 3 movies. There was no driving tonight, the roads are too crappy and with limited visibility and the possibility of Bullwinkle showing up on the hood of my Envoy, I passed. So we all snuggled up on the couch with pizza, to watch Wall-E, a Tom Selleck western (Mom you'd like it-wink,wink), and The Bucket List. So far, so good, I'm happy as a clam.

So we have been having issues with getting Brent's pistol here to Delta Jct. The sports store in Mankato didn't send the correct info, then we had the whole issue with Brent's account due to driving through Canada which was a mess so his credit card didn't work, and now the gun is here, but not only did Red Bear not send the correct information with the gun which makes it illegal for Granite View to give it to us, when the kind, kind people at Granite View called Red Bear to correct the issue, Red Bear yelled, screamed and eventually hung up on the nice people at Granite View. Which means that I have to call on Monday and try to talk some sense into them, or the gun has to go back. And then what? I'm 3000 miles away. That seems to be everyone's excuse to use and abuse me.

The week has gone seemingly well. With a few hiccups along the way. We did manage to rid ourselves of one stresser, I just decided to cut my losses and do what was necessary to evict them from my life. Done. Game over. Hasta La Vista! Sometimes being the bigger person is easier than being right.

We're hoping to get to Fairbanks sometime this weekend. I'm still looking for a table to double duty as a desk and a dining area. We plan to hit up a thrift store, or four, and see what we can find. I'm feeling creative and would like to put my stamp on this place. Something commercial just doesn't feel right for me, or this place. Who knows what else I'll find along the way. I'll let you know.

Have a happy day! Stay warm!

4 comments:

Shan said...

How'd you like Wall-E? Savannah loved it so much we had to rename Ava. Now she's Eva. ;)

Moose Nuggets said...

Wall-E is the greatest movie for kids... nice and QUIET. ONe you can tolerate over and over and over again. Good, since Beans begs for it daily! LOL

The bucket list was awesome, too. A really good one, I thought!

Sorry about the gun ordeal... hope it works out soon for you guys...

Karla said...

We loved Wall-E! It's so cute, and the Bucket List was so much better than I thought!! Both awesome movies!

Shan- Awww. I love Eva!! :)

Susan Stevenson said...

Do you belong to Fairbanks Freecycle or Fairbanks Garage Sale? Both are Yahoo groups. You might be able to find a free/inexpensive desk on there. I put out an SOS posting because I needed a size 3T snowsuit and boots for my visiting grandson, and several women came through for me - with toys and books to entertain him too! :) You should give it a shot.