Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hare-y Day

I have the privilege of waking with Brent every morning and getting him off to work. Most days are fairly uneventful, but today the moon was just crisp and clean floating over the trees. I had to snap at pic. This is what the moon looks like at 5 a.m. in Delta Junction. Pretty, huh?

My bloggy friend Susan, that you can see here, had directed me to her blog, again. She was telling of a drive she and her husband made on Monday near Delta and South where we drove on Sunday. She was fortunate to capture the caribou, a moose and some breathtaking pics.
On her blog she was talking about the snow shoe hare that was hanging out in her neck of the woods. And I was filled with envy. As I walked into the back room to put some laundry in the hamper I spotted this little lady. Just sitting and sunning herself. The top photo is bad because I'm trying to take it through the window, with the screen.
I crept quietly outside, and managed to sneak around the corner, only slipping once to capture this little beauty. She is living beneath our house. Isn't she sweet? She sat in the same spot all afternoon and Brent managed to get a sneak peak of her too. Awww, living in Alaska is fun!!
In other news, Willie is here. Uff da. I have forgotten how much work babies are. He is the sweetest, rowdiest, nippiest little lab I've met. Ches is having some adjustment issues, but hopefully everyone's growing pains will end soon. They both did well when I walked them so I will have to get them out and moving bright and early tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow we are having company for lunch. Mary Lou will be joining us. I'll let you know how it goes!
Have a happy day!






1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

Yay! You have a snowshoe hare living at your place. They only choose the best, you know?! *grin*