Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wee Willie

I would love to post pics of little Willie. But have you ever tried taking pictures of a very exuberant black puppy?? Despite my numerous attempts, I have failed, and failed, and failed. You'll just have to trust me on this one. He is REALLY cute. And really naughty.

Last night was difficult. However, over time, and a rescue call from my younger brother Kyle, we have been having much success with each passing hour. I have taken my cues from Ches and let her put over-excited Willie in his place a time or two. And now he is much calmer, and doesn't jump in her face as much anymore.

We took three lengthy walks today to try to tire him out, and keep Ches happy. The first walk was a disaster. Willie weaving in between my legs and Chessa's. Ice. Passing cars. And Karla flat on her face on the pavement. I nearly punctured a hole in the bear spray which being safely tucked away in my hoodie pocket with me holding on to two uncooperative dogs would have led to all three of us being eaten by a bear. But I had it. I have a skinned up elbow and a bruised ego to show for it. But hey, at least I didn't break an arm. Again.

The water froze again today. I. Give. Up. It's getting really frustrating, and while I'm trying to be patient, I'm finding it increasingly difficult. But we're all alive. We have had no more potty issues in the house, and I am listening to Wee Willie sigh in his sleep. Have I mentioned how cute he is? And how much work he is? I had forgotten. There are many nice things about adopting an older dog. But I think we got really lucky with out sweet Chessa girl.

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

I hope the water un-freezes soon!
:(
Hopefully puppy is being good for you now- I totally agree, they are a LOT of work! At times, mine was harder to care for than either of my kids. Whew. :)