Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crafty

Howdy Ya'll! Greetings from the North. Today was a beautiful day. It actually turned out a little warmer than I thought it was. It's sneaky here, the house doesn't get a lot of sun, so it always feels cooler inside. Today was no exception. We made it into the 50's which from what we here, are more typical temps for this time of year here.

I am feeling slightly better today. I had a surge of energy mid-morning and got quite a bit done. I even flipped the mattress and put on the new bedskirt, washed the sheets, and remade the bed. I also managed to do about 5 loads of laundry.

Late afternoon I hit my slump so I sat down on the couch and made myself some new tie backs for the kitchen and living room curtains. Okay, so it wasn't rocket science, but it was fun. I was having a hard time finding what I wanted, so I picked up some beads, waxed jewelry string and some lanyard hooks the last time I was in Fairbanks. I'm pretty happy with them, and now I'm thinking about doing some beading on the curtains themselves. We'll see how ambitious I get. But it sounds like a lot of fun, and now my creative juices are flowing.

Other than that things are pretty quiet around here. Brent starts his new shift tomorrow, so I'll have a slightly longer day at home alone. My goal is to find the hammer and get some things on the wall, and to get those tie backs up. Then we'll see how I'm feeling to tackle the weekend. I am still in need of some good hiking shoes, and we need to pick up some other things, so I'm sure we'll head into Fairbanks. And I think I'll pick up some allergy medication per Susan's suggestion and see if that's what it is. Uff da.

Well, I'm off to take some Nyquil and get some rest. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. Have a happy day!

p.s. Mom- the chicken is still alive. ;)

2 comments:

Susan Stevenson said...

If you're having an issue with allergies, have you tried using a NetiPot? (http://www.neilmed.com/usa/netipot_adword.php?gclid=CP363euysJoCFQwxawodRAtGaw) I just started using one and my sinuses feel so much better. It washes the pollen and dust/dirt out of your sinuses and helps with allergies. I got my set-up at Fred Meyer, but Walmart carries it too (when it's in stock). I think I paid $15 for the starter kit which has 50 packets of nasal rinse with it.

I hope the warmth comes back soon! Also... if you were thinking of taking a trip to Denali, you can still drive into mile 30 until May 18th. After that, it's shuttle buses only. If you don't get there before the 18th, please take the time to go on a shuttle ride. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes on my blog. Have a lovely weekend!

Karla said...

Hey Susan- I've been doing the rinse all week, and it does help. I don't have the neti pot, but I have the zero gravity bottle. HELPS A TON!!! That and the Alavert. Darn allergies!!

We're thinking of heading to Denali next weekend, in honor of my birthday... we'll see!