Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hey, Mr. Postman!

Today was a gorgeous day of about 75 degrees. I opened up the windows and let the sun shine in. We had a perfect breeze and Ches and I had a great day. We went for a walk, checked the mailbox, but Mr. Postman hadn't been here yet. After I had scoured the kitchen, and swept up all the funk on the floors that accumulated over the weekend, we went outside to wait for Brent to come home. When he came home he had the beloved yellow slips from the post office. That means, that not only did I get mail, I got big mail, packages!

The first was abirthday gift from my great, and greatly missed friend, Shannon. She sent me everything I need to scrapbook our wonderful (hellish) trip across Canada in January, until now. She's a scrapping officianado so I am well-stocked and ready to roll. Now I just have to order some pics! Thank you! :)


The next was a love package from Audrae, Brent's mom. She picks up goodies from the health food store to send us. We got dried cranberries, yogurt covered almonds, ground flax seed, vanilla granola that I love in my yogurt, oriental rice crackers, unsalted sunflower seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), a lovely rice pilaf that I will be making tomorrow evening with fresh tuna on the grill, some soynuts and two packages of ramen noodles. They'll come in handy for ramen noodle salad, or lunch. LOL! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Tonight I've been busy filling out applications and sending my resume around. Hopefully someone will bite. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again!! Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

Care packages filled with presents and goodies are the BEST! Glad you had something special arrive at your house. :)