Friday, May 29, 2009

Gloomy and Rainy

I'm homebound. Well, more homebound than usual, I guess. I have no pictures to post. We have been nowhere exciting. The past three days have been gloomy, or partly gloomy. It's amazing how used to the sun you can get in such a short time. We got rain onWednesday, managed to miss the rain yesterday, and it appears that we are getting more rain as I write. But, to be honest, we really needed the moisture. And I'm sure those with newly planted yards and gardens are very happy right about now. Right Susan? LOL.

Wednesday, before the rain started, we had a horrendous dust storm here. I literally have to go over everything. Washing and dusting as I go. It's bummer, but at least my house will be sparkling clean at the end of the day.

Summer is definitely coming though. We are forecasted 80's for the weekend. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it's a nice thought. A very nice thought. A little warmth will hopefully rid me of my wool socks. Yes, I have resorted back to wool socks to keep my tootsies warm, in the middle of the day. It's really pathetic.

We were invited on a camping/rafting trip with a group from Brent's work. However, since we have neither a raft or a tent, we declined. And well, we probably could have lined up what we needed but we just didn't have enough time, and seeing that I've never met most of these people before, two days in the woods communing with nature is not how I envisioned meeting my new friends for the first time. And besides, we really need to get things lined up for our fishing charter next weekend!! WOOT! I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

It's a crazy thought seeing that about 5 months ago I ate virtually no fish. None. Nada. And certainly not salmon or halibut. But we now eat salmon at least once and sometimes twice a week. Ooh, I cannot wait to bring home lots and lots of fish. They, once again I have no idea who they are, say that we will likely bring home about 100 pounds of fish. 100 pounds of fish. And I heard someone say that the figure is per person. Oy. I will be growing fins and swimming myself. Lots of fish tacos, and Brent's been dying for some salmon cakes.

Anyway, so we will be traveling to Ninilchik next weekend. It's about a 12 hour drive from Delta and since I've never been further than Paxson, about 75 miles from Delta, I'm uber excited!! I've heard that the drive is breathtaking. We are also planning to pop into Homer and see the sites, as we've heard it's close to Ninilchik. In addition to all of that we are hoping to see our friends, Adam and Jennifer, who live in Anchorage. So, it should be a fun-filled, sun-packed weekend!! Can you tell I'm excited?

When Brent booked the trip back in February it seemed like it would never happen, and here we are. I've been working out, pumping up my muscles in preparation for hoisting a monster halibut. There is a contest going on in the South and I believe the leader right now is at 170 pounds. 170 POUNDS. That's a human, not a fish. And I can guarantee that I wouldn't be able to get that beast onto the boat. Good thing I'm taking Brent with me. Ha!

So, I need to run. I have to call today and check all our plans just to make sure that everything is a go. Wouldn't want to arrive to find that something has gone awry and we are left sleeping in the back of the Envoy. That, my friends, would not be a good time. In my book anyway.

Have a happy, happy day!

No comments: