Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let There Be Light

I've been meaning to take the above photo for awhile. My Grandma Lusignan, who writes me the nicest letters, has been asking if I have neighbor's that live close to me. The answer is yes. Too close! So, this is where we live. The door on the left is ours. The door on the right are my neighbors, who are very nice people, but not very social. The space in the middle there is where my laundry area is. So, this is home. And also living on the property is another family, whom we've met once, and then the owners of the property.

What you don't see is that the main driveway runs right in front of our home. It's where I'm standing when I'm taking the picture. And, it's a working farm. A very busy, working farm. So we have little peace and quiet. And directly to the left of where the photo ends is a STOP sign, so, yeah, we have people stopping in our driveway quite often. Annoying. So, we're looking for a new home, with a few less neighbors. Hopefully. After all, I didn't move to Alaska to be surrounded by people. Sheesh!! But have no fear, I have no plans to go too remote. I'm really attached to my indoor plumbing and electricity. The neighbor (behind us- he's about 90) just got electricity last year. No thank you. Seriously.
Last night we headed out to the Clearwater River area. It's so peaceful out there, and I really like it out here. It's beautiful. Anyway, we went out to snap some pics with our new camera. I can tell that this is going to be the best purchase ever. I was playing around with the manual settings here and managed to snap a semi-decent photo, in my opinion. So, this was my favorite picture of the evening. Enjoy...awwwwwwwwwww... ha!

And this. This my friends, is a photo of the SUN at 10 p.m. We have had very cloudy skies the past few days, but last night the clouds broke up to give us the most lovely late night show. Honestly, I found it hard to sleep. I nearly took a walk at 10:15 last night, but decided that I wasn't quite that brave. Though I certainly could have.
Yesterday Ches and I walked a nice, long walk. It's nice out here during the day, when most others are at work. So we wander the roadside out front. Ches loves to sniff the ditches to see what she can find, and it's just refreshing for both of us. Then after our walk we came back and I raked up some dead grass and sticks around the back of the yard. Today I plan to hit the front portion, and then clean up the winter leftovers from the previous tenants dog.
Also, I wanted to thank those of you who have sent birthday greetings. Most people only get a birthday but somehow I managed to wrangle a birth week. Aren't I a lucky girl?! Anyway, so thank you Grandma Lusignan for the nice card and gift of money, also Darryl & Audrae, Mom & Dad, and Sandy & Wayne for the cards, gifts and letters. Thank you for thinking of me. It's truly appreciated!
So, welcome to spring! I hope Northern MN managed to miss out on the snow that was predicted there, and hopefully you'll be moving on to warmer temps and spring-like temperatures soon!

Have a happy day!


No comments: