Sunday, May 12, 2013


Greetings!  Happy Mother's Day!  Today we celebrated our first.  It was an average day that had me feeling loved, appreciated and special from beginning to end.  My only wish is that I would have been able to spend it with my mom.  Celebrating her first as a Grandma.

The Lil' Spark is growing like a weed.  He has been in a hurry since birth.  Walking at 9 months and now he's in a full run.  He is so precocious. Curious, smart and so very, very sweet.  He's fond of tomatoes, watermelon and salmon.  Loves to wave buh bye and hi.  And adores giving big wet raspberries on unsuspecting (well, maybe a little suspecting) mama and grandma's. 

It's so hard to believe that he'll turn a year old soon.  Too soon.  My parents will be coming out to celebrate with us and we couldn't be happier.  It's so wonderful to be closer to family.  Then Lil' Spark and I will be packing up and heading north for a few weeks to celebrate my grandparents 65th anniversary.  Much fun to be had with Grandpa and the wee one.  I have a feeling there will be muddy toes, muddy fingers, muddy faces and many muddy clothes.  Sounds like fun!

There's so much to look forward to in the coming years.  Hopefully that will mean many laughs, a few tears, I'm guessing quite a few stitches, lots of band aids, and tons of kisses and hugs.  And hopefully, a sibling or two for the itty bitty. 

Happy Mother's Day, All!!!


No comments: