Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Seven Strangers...Picked to Live in a House...

Much to Kyle's dismay our trip won't play out like a season of the Real World. I'm still laughing, thanks Kyle. However, we'll try to keep a diary of the trip as we go and post when we can. I'm expecting that it won't be while we're on the road, but after we're settled. Either way, we'll keep everyone as updated as possible. And try to share as much of our journey as possible.

Last week we both went and got our passport paperwork done. "They" said that it would take 4-6 weeks. Since we had 8 weeks at the time, I'm really, really hoping that it only takes 4 weeks. However, I've chosen to not worry about it because frankly, I have enough other stuff to worry about.

Today our Space Saver bags came. You wouldn't think someone could get so excited about space saving bags, but these little honeys are gold. You know the ones, with the commercials that show the exasperated housewife shoving 15 comforters, 6 blankets and 3 sets of sheets into one bag that becomes a 4"x4" square after all the air has been sucked out. They really DO work. And now, now they come in cubes. Can you imagine all the goodness that we can shove in them? Awesome. I can't wait.

This week has been cruising by much too quickly. We're trying to get stuff done, but it's hard at night with the lack of light and the constant state of chaos. So hopefully this weekend we'll be able to sort and get a handle on some things, move it around so that it's efficiently stored for the time being, and try not to drive eachother absolutely batty in the mean time.

I will state for the record. I make no guarantees.

I checked on a couple apartments tonight. Rented. We still have time. I'm not freaking out...yet.

Tomorrow Chessa will be spayed. I need to schedule more appointments for us, the vehicle and so on. For now, it's late, and I need a bed.

1 comment:

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

What am amazing opportunity and chance you both have right now!

This will be fun to follow!!