Sunday, December 14, 2008

Down and Out...


I celebrated a successful moving sale by acquiring a cold. A bad one. Snuck right up on me that sneaky little devil. So I took Sunday and Monday off from all things moving. Well, maybe not all things, but most things. Sunday I managed to pack up a few things, and attempted to get them put in the vehicle, they didn't make it there. Monday I managed to go to work, though I think I spread my vile germ parade to everyone there, which was not a nice thing to do. I also managed to sell my armoire. So that is moved out and standing in its new home. Sunday I slept most of the day, and Monday night I went to bed at 7:30 p.m. So I feel much better today. And now we move forward.
There are two properties that are potential rentals. One is too high for rent, but they told us to name our price. Hmmmm. I don't know if they'll go low enough for me to live there. Brent likes it though. I don't know, I think I'll trust my gut. The other is a modular (trailer) that is newer, looks great from the outside, and the agent is working on getting us inside pics. It's within our range for rent (yay) and Ches is not an issue. Though she wouldn't be an issue in the other rental either. The agent is checking heating costs on the other modular units and then we'll make our decision.
Today I had my exit interview at work. I thought that I would just feeled relieved. One more item checked off the list (sorry work friends). But I was sad. Really sad. While the job may not have been my best fit, the people there are top notch. I will miss the Brain Trust and all the laughter that keeps me from reading my smut books at break time, and I'll miss the genuine caring and kindness that I think is lost in workplaces around America today. Thanks for a great stay! It's been fun. If you ever make it Up North you had better stop in!
So, we're trying to figure out what to do with the rest of our belongings. I have a lot of interested parties, now it comes down to timing and if we can just get them here to pick stuff up. I want it out of here. Gone away. So, we'll see. Then it's hopefully to find a renter as I'm growing infinitely more concerned on that level. Then we're gone. Just like that.
Are you enjoying the ride? You can leave a comment too. :) Happy day!

No comments: