Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
May you have a wonderful day filled with family and friends and peace.
Last night I went out for dinner with my husband. Well, that was rouse anyway. What I thought was dinner with him turned out to be a surprise party with my friends. It was so nice of those that came to take the time. It's such a busy time of year, and I know how hard it is to make time, so I appreciate it all the more. Thank you all! And thank you Shannon for planning it. I'd never had a surprise party thrown in my honor, so I was doubly appreciative.
Today is Christmas Eve. Brent is working today, of course. I have a busy day as well, though I have no right to complain as I'm having a massage this morning. Certainly doesn't compare with slaving. I also have to run to my old job and drop off some things, then home to sell more furniture (?), and wait for some of the sold stuff to be picked up. In between there I hope to get some true packing done for time is running out. Can you see the sands falling faster to the bottom? Eek.
Tonight we will go to Brent's parents for oyster stew. His family tradition. And then we'll all go to church together. There's no more appropriate place to be on Christmas than church. It's where it all started after all. So we will go, and listen, and celebrate, and sing, or mouth the words as Brent does. Ha!
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

No comments: