Monday, January 26, 2009

Perfect Sunday Evening & Aurora Borealis

Brent and I decided to walk back along the shelter belt yesterday afternoon. In the midst of watching Ches bob and weave amongst the mini evergreens and the crispy snow, Brent managed to catch this beautiful sunset through the trees.
This is the cleared path where we were walking. The owners cleared this area for a new field and kept the logs for building there new home. It's beautiful to just have peace and quiet and see all the new things there are to see.
The cows were very, very interested in Ches. They followed us all along the fence line. At times they'd kick up their heels to catch her interest. She didn't really care that they were there. But they're cute and we enjoy them.
This photo captures the mountain view from the field' It's amazing how bright and crisp yesterday was. Some days you can barely see the mountain from our front porch.
In other exciting news we had our first Northern Lights experience this morning. It started about 1 a.m. as I was laying restless and sleepless on the couch. It ranged between grays and whites, but it was magnificent. I could watch the lights wax and wane behind a large cloud bank. At 4:45 when Brent got up to go to work, we watched them for a bit from the front porch, and by this point it was spread out across the entire sky. A beautiful sight. I cannot wait for more sightings.
Ches and I had a visitor today. Ches was going a little crazy banana on the couch, so I walked to the living room to see what was up. As I was chatting away with Kristie I noticed a table draped down in my window. A squirrel had decided to come and take a look around to see what he could scavenge up. I shooed him and sent him on his way.
All in all, a perfect Sunday afternoon, and a happy Monday. What a way to start the week!
Stay Warm!



No comments: