Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another Day...

Hello All!

No, I didn't get trampled by a moose. Unfortunately I didn't sleep well last night. It was 3 a.m. before I finally was able to drift off, and Brent's 4:30 alarm came much too quickly. I got him off to work and went back to bed from 5:30-9:00 a.m. Unfortunately I woke with a migraine.

Today was supposedly warmer here in the Northland. But it felt much, much colder. There must have been more humidity in the air, because it was bone chillingly cold. I took Ches out for our usual walk to the mailbox and she stopped dead in her tracks in the middle of the road. I froze. I thought "oh hell, where's the moose"? Luckily, she was just cold and did her usual tripod stand and wouldn't move. I grabbed my mail and she pulled me, in true sled dog style, all the way back to the house. At one point I was nearly running she was in such a hurry! Crazy dog.

Tonight the moon is gloriously bright. You would think that we have a light on the shed because everything is illuminated. I can see all the way across the fields. If I were braver, and feeling better, I would venture out to the front porch for a better look. However, my chicken-livered self will enjoy it from the safety of the couch. The stars are out, but I don't see any Northern Lights. Bummer.

Despite my raging headache I was able to keep fairly busy today. I was feeling guilty for being sick (what's with that anyway?) so I cut up vegetables for quick and easy access, cut up cabbage and kielbasa for dinner, made a strata for tomorrow mornings breakfast, folded a couple loads of clothes, cleaned my tub, and scrubbed the floors. I did manage to lie down and rest my eyes, though sleep has evaded me still, until Brent got home, then I cooked dinner and went to bed for a while.

Brent has a big day tomorrow. A co-worker is bringing in some caribou for him to try so he's all excited about that. In addition, he has some union stuff to take care of so it will likely be a late night for him. That, of course, means a very, very long day for me. But that's okay, I'll find something to busy myself with.

Kathy stopped by and informed me that she saw 5 moose in the field across the road this morning. I will be grabbing my camera and going to try to capture a few on film. That's my one goal. TO CATCH A MOOSE. Darn it, I've been here almost a month, and no moose. I'm just a wee bit obsessed. Can you tell?

Happy Day!

No comments: