Monday, February 2, 2009

Mundane Monday

Folks. It's cold. How cold? Cold enough to freeze up my dishwasher and my shower. It started yesterday a.m. after Brent showered. He showered, and the tub wouldn't drain. Hmmm. Then later in the day I went to empty the dishwasher to discover that it had run sans water. I don't think that's a good thing.
This morning I straightened and took the best sink shower I could take and called the owners. Turns out they were in Fairbanks, with truck trouble, and a sick 6 year old. I felt worse for them. I then proceeded to rain on their parade by passing on the above information. They took it in stride, and I think it helped that I was so calm and laid back about it.
Luckily we had water so I was able to do laundry. It simply amazes me how much LESS laundry I do in a week. It's crazy. I average about 4 loads a week. I was doing about 6-8 loads a week on average in Mankato. It really is amazing. Now if I only had some organization items to be able to put laundry away once it's washed, dried and folded.
In other news, we learned of a couple thrift stores. I want to buy multi-use pieces of furniture so that I don't have to move/sell another houseful of furniture. Plus with 750 sq. ft. you only have room for so much anyway. I'm hoping that Brent will take me to check it out and see what treasures we find. There is another one that is only open on Wednesday's but that does me little good as I'm stranded during the week. That's fine. We'll wait for Brent's two weeks off.
I have the down low on how to see the moose. Every day when I walk to the mailbox I see lots and lots of evidence (ie. poop and footprints) that the elusive moose have indeed been there. It seems that my late rising habit prevents me from seeing the moose. So tomorrow a.m. I'm planning to stay awake and sneek out, just my camera and I, to hunt the moose. Meese? Mooses? Nope. Just moose. That's weird. Anyway, I'm planning to leave Ches at home as it's been told by "they" that moose tend to attack because they view barking dogs as a threat.
Kathy also told me that if I should be chased to just head for the woods and run around the trees in circles because they can't follow me. GREAT. Good heavens. Good thing I really want to see a moose. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Oh geeze! It would not be funny to see anyone get attacked my a moose, however, seeing someone running circles around the trees would be pretty entertaining ;)
I am shivering for you, literally! You gave me chill bumps just thinking about how cold that is!

And so it begins..... said...

Can't wait to see pictures and maybe even a short video as you run into the woods and around some trees!! :) I'm laughing just thinking about it!! Hope ya see some to enlighten my day:)