Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Got Gas?

I was going to start this by saying it hasn't been a very interesting last couple of days. Yesterday was a typical Monday. Nothing really exciting happened. I did laundry and just picked up a little. Nothing really exciting was happening until I was catching up with my Sunday night shows about 10 p.m.

I was laying on the floor watching Brothers & Sisters on my laptop when the noises began. The gurgles and then it would kick on, and then the temperature began to fall. And folks, it was falling fast. Fast. It started in my toes, and before long I knew, something was very, very wrong. I looked over and sure enough EE2 showed on the front. It's 10 p.m. On a Monday. I have a sleeping husband, a sleeping dog, and I know he's gonna be ticked.

I get up and pace. But I know that no matter how much I don't want to wake him, I have to. I have to because I know by morning we'll have popsicles for toes, and frozen pipes. And he'll be WAY more ticked to not have water. So. I tiptoe to the door, slowly, slowly, quietly, quietly. I pop it open and in my best whisper voice I say "Honey, are you awake?" He says in his best patient voice "What's wrong?" And then I tell him the horrible, horrible news.

Being the fix-it man that he is he promptly jumps out of bed, and gets out his tools. He pokes, pushes, resets and nothing. NOTHING. Hummmm. Hummmmm. It kicks on AND...nothing. Crap. So, I call the landlords. Kathy rushes right over, she tries the reset, she tries to drain the trap, and nothing. NOTHING. Finally about 11:15 she brings over an electric baseboard and promises to come back tomorrow.

We all go to bed, and we thank God (and Audrae) for the electric blanket, once again. lol.

Brent gets off to work and I get up and shower anticipating an 8 a.m. wake up call. No dice. About 10 a.m. they come back to work on the heater. 3 hours later they discover that we're out of fuel. Great. At least it's not my fault. Turns out that the 100 gallons we"purchased" ended up in someone else's tank. So, Fred transfers 5 gallons so that we can bring the temp up from 51 degrees. And Kathy calls and nicely tells them to get out here pronto. Doesn't happen. The fuel oil was finally delivered about 7:30 tonight. But at least we'll be warm for a few more months. Goodness!

Other than that it was pretty uneventful. Brent had a good day at work, and the temperature is falling again. At 7:00 p.m. it was -27 degrees and falling. OH JOY! :)

Tomorrow is Wednesday and we're that much closer to our trip to Fairbanks. I'm really, really looking forward to it. FINALLY. A vacuum and and iron are high on my list of priorities. Sad, oh so sad, but true.

Do you have gas? lol. Have a happy day!

No comments: