Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Well, hmmm, the Steelers pulled it off. Can you believe it? The Cards were picked by virtually the entire nation. Seriously, by all but about 8 states. Holy Moly. I can't believe Arizona blew it. BLEW IT. Did I watch? No. :) I managed to keep updated online, thank goodness, but we don't have network channels yet, so we didn't watch it. Which is fine.

Dad emailed earlier to let me know that the World Bowl was on. He thought the Vikings might win because the Twins weren't having a very good season. As you can tell my Dad has a great sense of humor, and knows ever so little about sports. :) At least he managed to choose to real Minnesota teams.

Today was cold. BRRRRRRRRRRR. I think the high was -32 degrees but it felt really, really cold. The front door won't stay shut unless we lock it, and I set a book on the window sill and it FROZE to the windowsill. Can you believe it? Holy buckets. So that book is ruined. And it was a good one! Ha.

All in all it's been a pretty lazy day. We made a trip into town for some coffee and some groceries. I also had to pick up change to do laundry tomorrow. So, can you tell it was riveting? lol.

I made a very good dinner tonight. Nothing big, but we used that lovely buffalo burger and made some great burgers. I'm seriously considering replacing the beef in my life with buffalo. Who knew? Dad, are you proud? Honestly, they were great. I'm looking forward to the next trip to Delta Meats and did you know that they have an olive and jalapeno summer sausage? Yummy.

The day was overcast (?) today. It was almost a little hazy, and more so in town. Now I know that there is ice fog, but I'm not positive what the exact definition is, but I do know that it wasn't nearly as bad as the ice fog we experienced in Fairbanks.

As I type Ches is expressing her boredom by intermittently licking my face and dropping the ball on the laptop. It makes a handy scenario for telling you all the boring details of my life.

Tomorrow Brent is back to work, and I am going to try to bundle up and get out for more than 38 seconds. We'll see how that works.

Have a happy day!

No comments: