Friday, February 6, 2009

Still Mooseless and Sleepless


This is what a moose looks like. No, I didn't take this picture. I just wanted to post it to remind all of you what they look like. I'm still mooseless. Grrrr.
I am also sleepless. Okay, not sleepless buy my sleep patterns are certainly messed up. I fall asleep about 2:30 a.m. give or take, and then awake at various times. I guess it could be worse. But it's really, really frustrating.
Today I managed to get out of the house for a while. I picked up a package at the post office, and then went to the grocery store, then home. This evening we took a bit of a drive. The moon is incredibly bright, so it makes seeing animals, or potentially seeing animals easier. We saw none.
While I was shopping and post officing Brent took Ches for a walk in the woods. He was quite a ways out in the field, and guess what? He saw a moose. A big, fat moose about 30 feet away from him. Of course I wasn't along, and of course he didn't have a camera along. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Seriously, they cut through our woods to get to the hayfield. At any given time if I got a few feet into the woods I could run into them, and if you take the number of times I take the dog out to pee I should have run into a few of them by now. Seriously. Now, I'd rather not come face to face with one, I'm pretty sure the moose would win if he/she decided to get owly, but still, I'd like to be close enough to snap a picture of the big bugger.
Maybe tomorrow...
Happy Day!

No comments: