Sunday, April 5, 2009

Introducing Willie

Meet Willie. Or, Naughty Willie. He's cute, but he's naughty. Brent calls him the Tazmanian Devil. He runs around with his mouth open waiting to slit you with his razor sharp teeth. He's sweet...when he's sleeping, and I'm definitely not used to having a baby in the house. Now that we're on Day 5 of Willie's stay in our home we're settling in, and I think we've all adjusted. Maybe.
This is a picture of Tanya and I. It was taken by Alyssa, and since it was a half way decent picture of me I decided to plop it on here. Tanya planned a scavenger hunt for their family that brought them from their home in North Pole to Delta Junction to visit us. They scoped out our home, visited the chickens and other farmyard animals, and then we helped them complete the rest of their hunt and dined with them at the Buffalo Center Diner in town. It was a great day full of noise, chaos and fun! The dogs both loved all of the attention and we all slept well last night.

Willie's visit started out rocky, but if you look closely you can see that Willie is snuggled right up to her. The little white spot on her abdomen is Willie, upside down and sleeping soundly.

Today we decided to take advantage of the glorious Alaska sunshine. It was 30 degrees in Delta today, but the sun was high and warm!! I actually took off my jacket for the last portion of our hike. Our only goal for the day was to wear little Willie out! I think we've succeeded, perhaps? The little guy in the picture above is (I believe) a pine squirrel. He was giving us heck for interrupting his peaceful day. Perched high in the tree of course.

The photos above and below are of the Clearwater River. The water was beautiful, and cold. Ches and Willie had fun sampling some of this sparkling Alaska water. And the scenery's not bad either.
Tomorrow begins another week. Brent is off so I think we'll head to Fairbanks sometime mid-morning. Hoping you are all warm and toasty!! Enjoy your spring!
On another note I wanted to wish Jana a very Happy 21st Birthday!! She celebrated her big day yesterday with her family and friends!! Hope your day was super special!





No comments: